Your journey is limitless and your life is profound.
The guests on our show are ordinary people doing extraordinary things on purpose. On this episode, we'll celebrate the best insights from each guest AND how it has impacted the inspired lives we're living.
After just two seasons, we've got 250,000 downloads. Which means more lives are being touched and more people are living inspired with us. Thanks for being part of the this Live Inspired movement and for sharing it with your friends.
Make sure you're subscribed for Season 3 (starts next week)! We'll be announcing exciting news about the Live Inspired community that you won't want to miss. Also, get inspiration and updates from me via email: JohnOLearyInspires.com/email
250,000 have chosen to wake up and live inspired with us through the Live Inspired Podcast. Wow! Season 2 - was it good for you?
It was awesome for me! It was a blast to have these men and women in studio. Sharing with us their lives, lessons and mistakes what it meant for them and more importantly: What it means for each of us in our inspired lives.
Season 3 - is going to be just as good. make sure you are subscribed and ready for the first episode next week!
Get my weekly inspiration and updates in your inbox at: JohnOLearyInspires.com/email
Thanks for being here. Thanks for being part of the movement to live inspired and touch lives along the way.
"Just because you work through your stuff and you own it doesn't mean the evidence of it disappears." - William Paul Young
William Paul Young's childhood broke him. As a husband and father, he hit rock bottom and began a journey to reconstruct the life he was meant to lead.
Young shared this process in his book The Shack, written as a gift for his children to better understand his experience. He printed copies at his local printer to give them in 2005. To date, 22 million have sold... and The Shack Movie is premiering in theaters around the world today!
Paul shares how to move past trauma, embrace consequence and stay within the grace of one day. This is one of the most epic interviews I’ve been a part of. Don’t miss it.
How could this "little book" so deeply with so many around the world? Paul attributes it to "timing - where we are in human history. The Shack has given people a language to have a conversation about God that is much more authentic." For me, I believe this books allows people permission to cry, grieve, be angry and realize it is okay. It's a part of life and we are not alone.
(WILLIAM) PAUL YOUNG'S LIVE INSPIRED. 7
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do? I would ask the Holy Spirit and stay living inside the grace of one day; it has been one of the greatest places of healing for me inside this entire journey.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? First edition George McDonnell Unspoken Sermons book.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? The Holy Spirit or Jesus. The first question I would ask, "Am I right in hoping that one day every single human being without the violation of their will be fully restored to relationship with you?"
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Learn to laugh at yourself. Don't take yourself so seriously. Live inside the grace of the day.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Go see a therapist. You're dragging a big corpse of history, come out of the shadows. The sooner the better.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? You finally became a child.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast anywhere you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.