"What you put out in the world is what you get back."
Becky James Hatter grew up in a small Louisiana town where she was surrounded by family, freedom and unconditional love. "That was an extraordinary gift to be given as a young person."
Her entire career has been creating the same environment for underserved youth through the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program.
Today, Becky will share what it's like to have a personal + professional mission that is one (adults pouring love, goodness, experience, exposure, and support into the life of a child)... and what it means for your life, too.
BECKY JAMES HATTERS' LIVE INSPIRED 7
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do with it? Create an endowment for BBBSEMO.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? The book case with all of my favorite books.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My husband. We would talk about everything. We are just good together. My buddy.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My dad said, "You might want to go hide behind a garbage can and watch yourself walk by." Which meant, we all have struggles and you shouldn't talk badly about others' hardships. My dad was never a man who told you what to do - he always gave amazing lessons.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Relax and have more fun.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Lucky: To have been born, to the family she was born into, in the place she grew up. She was just really lucky.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.