Every 6 minutes people check their phones.
Married adults spend more time online than with their spouse.
People spend 1 - 4 hours loafing on the internet during a work day.
Wow -- it's easy to see the problem! But today, we're talking about solutions so you can live inspired in this tech-centered world.
Curt Steinhorst shares hacks to better focus and communicate regardless of tech distractions and insights from his new book, Can I Have Your Attention?
CURT STEINHORST'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? John Steinbeck's East of Eden is about the complexity of life told through a fascinating story. It profoundly impacted the way I think and the way I see the world.
Blue Like Jazz, offers a way to think about life by being patient, honest and vulnerable with ourself without an expectation of becoming better.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do with it? I would not doing anything different, but would take a vacation and hire more staff!
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My grandpa for our 12th birthday would carve an animal of your choice. My carved longhorn is my most valuable possession.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Elon Musk. I'm fascinated by his mind, business approach, way of dreaming big
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? What my kids need to learn is wisdom, not rules. You want your kids to be wise you don't want them to be obedient. A friend shared this with me.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Take a break, relax, it's going to be okay. She isn't that cool anyway...
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?He gave his life and resources to help other people become more whole.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.