Today Jason Kotecki, artist, speaker + author, is here to help us combat what he calls adult-itis, or being stressed out, boring and no fun.
Jason will help us rekindle our childlike spirit. Join us to harness the magic of being a kid + see the benefits it could have in your work and life.
Jason talks about the importance of creating white space. On Ep. #69, Juliette Funt discussed this topic in greater depth. Check it out here.
JASON KOTECKI'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Path I read it and wrote my mission statement from it in college and still use it today.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I was an off-the-charts dreamer when I was a kid; always imaginative. I'm more cynical now, from the bumps and bruises.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? One or two paintings, my originals that mean something to me.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My wife. She is my best friend. We could talk about nothing we could talk about anything. If I was stranded somewhere, or looking at something beautiful, I would just want to be there with her.
5. What is the best advice you've ever received? Be yourself, everyone else is taken. - Oscar Wilde
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Don't worry so much. It's going to be different than you think, but it's going to be even better. Stay persistent and keep working.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Don't settle for the life you have been told to live, create the one you were made for.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe, rate & review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts. See you here next Thursday!
Get a John's #1 National Best-selling book ON FIRE here (use code podcast at checkout for 15% off).