Rich Donnelly spent three decades as a major league baseball coach. This was his dream since he was a little boy. In attaining this dream, he set everything else in life aside, including his marriage and children.
Today, Rich shares how the news of his daughter's terminal disease shook him out of his detrimental focus on success and how he's been driven to lead a life of significance since. Ever wonder if people can change? My friends, this episode is for you.
Did you enjoy hearing about major league baseball? Check out episode 53 with one of my heroes, 13-time MLB Gold-glove-winning shortstop for the St. Louis Cardinals Ozzie Smith.
RICH DONNELLY'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? I Am Third. Reminds us to put the Lord first, fellow man second and self third.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Passion for what I do.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? I don't put a whole lot of value on material things. They are just temporary wins.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Jesus. What was it like for you growing up? During your teen years, did you think you were a big shot?
5. What is the best advice you've ever received? My dad told me if you don't want to get hit by the train, stay off the tracks. Seems simple, but I sat in the middle of the tracks!
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? You got a heck of a life ahead of you and you better know how to handle this. Stay out of trouble. How? Stay away from people who are in trouble and places that are always causing trouble.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He became a good person.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe, rate & review on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts. See you here next Thursday!
Get a John's #1 National Best-selling book ON FIRE here (use code podcast at checkout for 15% off).