"We see the world as we think it is. Not as it really is. Wear glasses that work."
Todd Davis has spent 20+ years "looking for the right people." As Chief People Officer at FranklinCovey, a training company, he is an expert at identifying how human behaviors impact our life, our work and our output. His new book, Get Better: 15 Proven Practices to Build Effective Relationships at Work shares that the key to improving our effectiveness is found in improving our behaviors.
Todd's insights shine a light on the truth that an organization's greatest assets are undoubtedly its people and remind us that leadership is a decision, not a position.
This conversation is a journey in self-awareness. Join Todd and me for a great conversation and practical ways to fine-tune your behaviors so that you can live and work inspired.
TODD DAVIS'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do with it? I would take it all down to Puerto Rico right now and help out.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Many years ago I would say pictures. On Christmas, our family spends an hour or two writing letters to each other before opening presents. I'd grab those.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Mother Theresa and Gandhi.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? To believe in myself.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He who dies with the most meaningful relationships wins.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.