SoulPancake is an entertainment company with a mission to make the world a better place. How? By creating content that explores meaningful topics with integrity, heart + humor.
Shabnam Mogharabi, co-founder, shares the best tips she's discovered while curating the signature SoulPancake content for 10 years.
SHABNAM MOGHARABI'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I read it once a year.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Playful and imaginative nature. I try to bring it into the culture of SoulPancake.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My great grandmother’s ring. It's passed to the oldest woman in every generation and represents family, tradition and togetherness and bridges generations.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My grandfather. I didn’t have as many deep conversations as I wish I had. He grew up with seven siblings, five of which died before they were adults. I’d ask him about him growing up as one of the two surviving children.
5. What is the best advice you've ever received? Professionally: hire people that are smarter than you. Personally, self-care is important. If you’re not full, it’s hard to care for others.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Don’t take things so seriously. There is a very long life ahead of you.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Aristotle said, "a person cannot truly determine if they’ve had a happy life until their end of the live". I have a very long life left to live. I don’t feel like to committing to one sentence yet.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe, rate & review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. See you here next Thursday!