Today, I share a story I don't often get to tell.
The story of my siblings and their heroic acts that saved my life 30 years ago. Even more relevant: the 3 things we do that allow us to remain close as we get older.
My friend, in honor of my parents 50th wedding anniversary, I'm sharing an intimate look at my family, what we've been through, what we've learned + what it might mean for you.
- As promised during this episode, here are a few past episodes on which we discussed depression and mental health:
- Episode #46 with Dennis Gillan: Break down the stigma around mental health to better care for yourself, those you love + those in the wake of suicide. Dennis shares how mental health claimed the life of his brothers + what he's doing about it today.
- Episode #73 with Sue Klebold: Sue is the mother of Dylan Klebold, a shooter at Columbine High School in 1999. You'll be amazed by how much you can relate to Sue, her family + her story. Sue shares ideas to better manage mental health so we don't have to step into her shoes.
- Episode #65 Mike Robbins: Mike was a pro athlete before an injury ended his career. Now, he's an author + speaker on emotional intelligence, teamwork + leadership for clients like Google, NBA + Harvard. Mike shares about his depression + the questions he asked to discover that healing is multi-layered: body, mind + heart.
- 3 Things the O'Leary siblings do to stay close:
- Communicate frequently.
- Forgive promptly.
- Their success is not your failure.
- Live Inspired IN STUDIO is my membership community where like-minded friends join me via live webcast to live inspired together. Registration opens soon! Join the waitlist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Please subscribe, rate & review wherever you get your podcasts. See you here next Thursday!
Live Inspired with me on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and get my Monday Motivation email: www.JohnOLearyInspires.com/Monday-Morning
Get my #1 national best selling book ON FIRE, here.