Sep 9, 2021
Bob Costas has earned 29 Emmy awards - more than any other
sports broadcaster. He is also the only person to have won in news,
sports and entertainment. So, what do Bob and I have in
common? Bob was mentored by my dear friend, Jack Buck.
Don't miss this heartfelt conversation as Bob reflects on his
humble beginnings + his most iconic interviews and memorable
moments from 25 years of covering the greatest events of our
Watch the interview on Facebook or
If you enjoyed hearing
from my hometown friend... You’ll love our St. Louis playlist
featuring iconic change agents, sports legends and entrepreneurs
from the Gateway to the West. Listen to the St. Louis playlist
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed
as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
A. A sense of wonder.
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people
are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What
would it be?
A. Photo album.
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous
beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with
anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Jackie Robinson.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever
A. Professionally, be yourself.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old
A. Your youth is not as short as you think it is. You're still a
young man when you're 50.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their
lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to
A. He paid it forward.