Dec 20, 2018
30 years ago I was burned on 100% of my body and not expected to
survive. I beat the odds and recovered thanks to the care,
encouragement + love of my family, friends, healthcare team, MLB
baseball players and countless individuals I'll never know.
From this, I have a profound sense of gratitude for my life +
perspective on overcoming challenges. Today, I share 3 of the most
formative lessons I learned during my recovery. One is a favorite I
share on stage from time to time. One I shared in my #1 National
Bestselling book ON FIRE. One I've never shared
before. I hope they fuel you to live inspired today.
- Start each week with Monday Motivation email! Get it here.
- "You have two eyes, two ears + one mouth. Use them
proportionally." - Dr. Avazian
- John shares his favorite quote + what it means in your life:
"When you know your why you can endure any how." Get Viktor
Frankl's book Man's Search for
Meaning to read it in context.
- People matter.
- Words matter. Be aware of the words you're
listening to + the ones you're speaking.
- If we hear it enough, even if it is wrong, we think it's
- What words are you listening to: Through your social feed, news
+ on your commute? Where are you listening/being fed? What we put
into our bodies shows up in our lives.
- What words are you sharing with your children, family, spouse +
coworkers. Are you telling them through your words + actions that
their best days are in front of them?
- Wonder matters. "I no longer identified as a
wounded person. Wonder matters. The way he had a twinkle in
his eye + joy in the way he worked + treated the others, I saw
that and try to exemplify it 20 years later.
- Grow. Learn. Share. Produce. Go through life with great
- Check out a few of Dr. Pappalardo's poems here.
Enjoy this episode on life lessons from my
doctors? Check out Ep. #38 with Nurse Roy, this is one of
the most popular stories I share from the stage + an amazing
reminder of the impact EACH of us has each day. Don't miss it.
Check it out here.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe, rate
& review on iTunes or wherever you get your
podcasts. See you here next Thursday!
Live Inspired with John daily on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram
+ get his Monday Motivation email.