Feb 13, 2020
What’s your fear? Is that fear serving you or hindering you?
Evy Poumpouras is one of the world’s leading experts of fear. As a former Secret Service Special Agent, multi-platform journalist and star of Bravo’s Spy Games, Evy has worked protective detail for four U.S. Presidents and is trained by the Department of Defense in the art and science of lie detection, human behavior and cognitive influence.
Today, Evy is going to share her resilient + courageous journey from finding her purpose, nearly dying on 9/11 + beyond, and what it means to truly live fearlessly. This conversation will spark inspiration to find the strongest, fearless version of yourself.
If you loved hearing from a military hero, you'll love my Military + First Responder playlist! Hear how Forrest Gump continues to influence Gary Sinise, Jim Lovell's journey to the dark side of the moon and how one veteran embraces unexpected challenges. Listen to the Military + First Responder playlist.
EVY POUMPOURAS' LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Circe by Madeline Miller.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Lightness, focusing on what you can control.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Nothing.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My dad. I’d want to know what it’s like where he is now and tell him that he did a good job.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? How are we going to win this fight if we let it crush us?
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Don’t worry about it, everything always works out.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Don’t tell me why it can’t be done. Tell me how it can be done.
Pre-order your copy of IN AWE today to receive access to fun, interactive bonus features emailed to you in the lead-up to the book’s release! Visit ReadInAwe.com.
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts.