Mar 21, 2019
“You can’t imagine your life without it, but you desperately want to let it go.”
This is addiction as defined by today’s guest, Fr. Tom Hoar, President + CEO of Enders Island Retreat Center, a treatment facility that helps addicted adults. More than seven million Americans struggle with some form of addiction.
Today, Fr. Tom debunks an often-taboo topic by sharing stories of redemption and healing – including his own. Don’t miss this critical conversation or the life-changing intent behind Fr. Tom’s poignant question "have you had enough?”
Thank you to my dear friend, Live Inspired community member Mary B. for recommending Fr. Tom Hoar! If you have questions or feedback, you can always send them to me and my team at email@example.com.
FR. TOM HOAR'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Gospel of Matthew. It challenges us not to live minimally but to strive for the life of virtue.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Curiosity.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? A pair of rosary beads my aunt Helen gave me on the day of my ordination. It represents my relationship with God through true prayer and my family.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Jesus, of course. I'd ask, "Didn't your dad do a great job with this view?"
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Don't drink and go to meetings.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? There is nothing to be afraid of.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He saw people in pain and tried to bring them a message of healing and hope.
Did you enjoy today's episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts!