Oct 21, 2021
Lauren Daigle is the fastest-selling new artist in the Contemporary Christian genre of the last decade. Critically acclaimed for her unique, soulful + soaring vocals, the singer-songwriter is sincere, down-to-earth and has unwavering faith.
Today, the 2-time Grammy Award winner shares how her Louisiana-roots cultivated her appreciation for music, the uplifting inspiration behind her lyrics, and how rediscovering her childlike wonder helped her find greater joy in life.
Lauren also shares how she previously embraced a period of stillness amidst a whirlwind of success, how it propelled her forward into her next fruitful season + what it could mean for you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
LAUREN DAIGLE'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Love Does by Bob Goff.
[Listen to Bob Goff on Live Inspired Podcast ep. 115!]
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Climb trees better and get lost in wonder more frequently.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My first thought once all people that matter to me are safe, I don't care. Let's roast marshmallows. My second thought is a $100 bill my grandfather gave me as he was passing away + giving the advice "you better know who you, whose you are and where you are." My third thought is a letterbox filled with letters from my childhood until now.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My grandfather because I miss him. Also, Quincy Jones to learn + engulf myself in stories of his career and his personal pains + hardships.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Bob Goff told me to always remember who my 8-year-old self is.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Steady the course, stay focused, keep moving forward and when you think you've lost yourself, God will always direct you back to who you are.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Lauren Daigle was a woman who loved well, loved rich and loved deep.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.