May 31, 2018
In 1972 there was a historic plane crash; the only one in which the plane was flying at both cruising speed + altitude and had survivors. One of the survivors was Nando Parrado.
In street clothes and without food, Nando survived the winter in the Andes. His story was told in the 1993 movie, Alive. He was played by Ethan Hawke.
Today, we’re joined by Nando. He is one of my heroes and the most courageous survivor I’ve met. Don’t miss this unbelievable story of leadership and drive in the face of dire adversity.
NANDO PARRADO'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Books by Spanish Author Carlos Ruiz Zafon because, to me, a book is entertainment. A good time on a quiet night. He's poetic and simple.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? To be more timid, I wouldn't go into some situations that later I regret.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Photos of my grandparents.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Pico Mendez from Uruguay. He devotes his life remarkably to helping people. I would ask "How do you do it? How do you find the time?"
5. What is the best advice you've ever received? Never look back because the only thing you get when you look back is a bloody pain in the neck.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Don't change anything.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? It was all worth it.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Please subscribe, rate & review wherever you get your podcasts. See you here next Thursday!