Aug 22, 2019
Bethany Hamilton was just 13 years old when she became a household name after being attacked by a shark while surfing. She lost her arm and nearly her life, but just one month after the attack, returned to surfing.
Today, 15 years later, Bethany is a professional surfer, contestant on Amazing Race, wife, mother and role model. Her amazing story has been shared in the award-winning biopic Soul Surfer and her new documentary Unstoppable. Today, Bethany shares her inspiring story with us firsthand.
If you ever face a challenge (and we all do, right?) this episode is for you – Bethany will show you how to overcome with faith and gratitude.
If hearing Bethany's story inspired you to live an unstoppable life, you'll love hearing Live Inspired Podcast guest Amberley Snyder. Amberley shares her struggles during recovering from an accident, her strong family bond, and turning tragedy into triumph. Listen to Amberley ep. 63. You'll also love hearing Live Inspired Podcast guest Chris Norton. Chris' story of sustaining an spinal cord injury and determination throughout his recovery will give you amazing insight to live more inspired today. Listen to Chris on ep. 43.
BETHANY HAMILTON'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Bible and Rules for a Knight by Ethan Hawke.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I've become more of a realist and would love to have even more positivity.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? The surfboards.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My husband or Jesus.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Be willing to try because you never know what you're able to accomplish.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Keep doing what you’re doing.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Always willing to try, put herself in uncomfortable situations to achieve her accomplishments and received the grace of God to keep going in a direction that she may have never planned herself. We can all live an unstoppable life.
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts.