Oct 31, 2019
How do we react when an unwanted diagnosis appears? Or when adversity arises with a child, a loved one or for ourselves? How do we move forward with compassion, courage, love, respect, possibility, and certainty that the best remains in front of us?
Dr. April Jones holds many professional credentials. Yet it’s
her personal journey that makes her an authority on transforming
pain into purpose. Before her son's 2nd birthday, he was diagnosed
with an aggressive form of cancer... and April + her husband were
faced with an agonizing, life-changing decision.
April's heartfelt journey + uplifting story is sure to help those seeking to turn struggle into strength!
Are you or someone you know dealing expected diagnosis or illness? We’ve compiled to Live Inspired Podcast guests that are living inspired after cancer or other illness has affected their lives. Listen to the Cancer + Illness playlist here.
APRIL JONES' LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Shack by William Paul Young.
[William Paul Young was a guest on the Live Inspired Podcast! Listen to my conversation with him on ep. 19.]
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Imagine without analyzing.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My first little diamond necklace on this delicate chain with a handwritten note from my grandmother that says “a little something special for someone special.”
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? If Jesus is not an option, Oprah.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My friend Julia said, “what’s the worse that could happen? What are you worried that could be the worst outcome of this decision on each side? How would you deal with that situation if it happened?”
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Regardless of what happens, you’re going to be okay.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? She sparkled.
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts.