Mar 8, 2018
"Leverage faith over doubt. Those praying over me had an inch more faith than they did doubt."
Joel Boggess is the bestselling author of Finding Your Voice, host of the incredibly popular podcast the ReLaunch Show, and a motivational speaker bringing his message of never giving up and using action in the face of fear to his audience.
At the age of 5, Joel suffered a devastating accident; falling 30 feet resulted in a tremendous amount of blood loss and a fractured skull, and Joel spent more than four weeks in a coma. In an instant, Joel's life went from "happy-go-lucky" to an immense daily struggle and a long road to recovery. The injury left him with hearing problems and difficulty with memory, yet it taught Joel that some lessons are learned on the playground, the boardroom, or even a recovery room.
Joel's insights into how action can be the greatest weapon to conquering fear will motivate you and inspire you to never back down.
Today Joel shares how one action can make life better.
JOEL BOGGESS'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Bible, particularly The Book of Proverbs. Also, The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Miller Peale.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do with it? After everyone is taken care of- wife, parents, in-laws- I would do something for dog rescue. My wife and I have always had dogs. Perhaps buy a property and make a facility for dogs.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? One grandfather sitting on each side of me. Both my grandfathers have passed. I didn't get as much information from them that I needed to.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Joe Callaway gave me this information four or five years ago; he said, "don't be cute, be clear."
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Put the beer down. Drinking was something that I leaned on a lot.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Joel was a guy who just wouldn't give up.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.
Live Inspired with John every day on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and get his Monday Motivation email: www.JohnOLearyInspires.com/Monday-Morning