Dec 29, 2016
"You can have everything in life you want, as long as you just help enough other people get what they want."
This is one of the most popular quotes from legendary speaker, Zig Ziglar and it is absolutely modeled through his son Tom's life today.
Tom Ziglar has influenced 250 million lives through his work. On today's show, Tom will share about growing up with Zig as his father and how his dad walked the talk he shared with the world.
Tom shares about falling in love with sales, defines what "sales" really means and early failures he endured as a young president of his father's company.
These were my main takeaways from our time together:
Tom Ziglar's Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you've ever read?
The Lord of the Rings
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do?
Thank God for someone who lived a good, long life.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
Dad's bible. He underlined it. in fact, I have a lot of his underlined books. That is just priceless.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
"You are what you are and where you are because of what's gone into your mind. And you can change what you are and where you are by what goes into your mind." This is my favorite quote from dad.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20?
There's a lot of tempting answers! Don't start that business! It might be a Dave Ramsey thought - Pay cash for everything! I'd get more financially in-tune early on.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
He lived pure and simple by putting the right things into his mind.
If you enjoyed today's episode, subscribe, rate and review this podcast on iTunes and anywhere you get your podcasts! You'll be the first to know when a new episode is available AND you will help grow our LIVE INSPIRED Movement.
I can't wait to see you here next Thursday! Until then, remember: Today is your day. Live Inspired.