May 30, 2019
Officer Mike Flamion was a nine-year law enforcement veteran when a routine traffic stop changed the trajectory of his life forever.
Through their unwavering love, hope and spirit, Mike and his wife Sarah share how they've embraced a new normal + find joy and adventure in every day.
Today's conversation will show you that in the midst of the storm, you can choose to dance.
Live Inspired Podcast guest Janine Shepard was an Olympic-bound skier before her life-altering accident. Like Mike, Janine too has found a deeper purpose and learned to embrace new possibilities. Meet Janine + hear her story on ep. 53.
Live Inspired Podcast guest Christine Caine is a survivor of both sexual abuse and cancer. At 32, she found out she was adopted. She shares how she let go of her history to step into her destiny. Listen to Christine on ep. 82.
OFFICER MIKE AND SARAH FLAMION'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Sarah: Since Mike's injury Why Forgive by Johann Christoph Arnold.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Sarah: In general, faith and trust come easy to kids. Mike: As a kid, it was easy to hold someone close to you. When you work in law enforcement it's hard to break that barrier.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Mike: Engagement picture or the cross we bought on vacation.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Mike: A military member that has passed away and tell them how much I appreciate what they've done.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Sarah: My cousin Shelly, shared a lot of marriage and relationship advice like the importance of communication and how loving each other will get us through life's tough times.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Mike: Have fun. Enjoy life because things change.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Sarah: They kept pushing forward. Mike: Look at us now. We're still having fun.
Did you enjoy today's episode? Subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts!