Sep 19, 2019
Are you sick of hearing about the “divisive” time we live in? Me too!
Tarek Mounib shares how to foster sincere dialogue and better understand people with viewpoints different than your own. Tarek’ tips were learned on his journey with an unlikely group of US travelers to the Middle East. He captured this experience in his film Free Trip to Egypt to help people see the power sincere listening and simple human connection have in overcoming “divisive” worldviews.
Today's conversation will not only inspire you but give you the tools to become part of the solution.
If you enjoyed hearing how human connection can change the world, you'll love my conversation with Leon Logothetis. Leon travels the world relying solely on the kindness of strangers, which he pays back in unexpected, inspiring ways. Listen to Leon on Live Inspired Podcast ep. 136.
TAREK MOUNIB'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Prayer of Quintessential.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Naïve optimism.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My guitar and I’d play “Let it Be” by The Beatles.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My grandfather.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Be true to your heart.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? You're good the way you are.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He loved the world.
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts.