Dec 24, 2020
At a time that many of us feel there is less to celebrate than usual, today’s guest reminds us that despite the challenges there is so much good! Even better, he shares tips so you can see it for yourself.
Jarrett J. Krosoczka, New York Times-bestselling author/illustrator behind the wildly popular Lunch Lady and Jedi Academy series, wrote the graphic memoir Hey, Kiddo that moved me profoundly. In it, he shares about the gift of his grandparents, who raised him because of his mother’s heroin addict.
Today’s conversation will remind you that what you’ve weathered does not have to hinder your opportunity to live a better, bigger, bolder life now.
JARRETT J. KROSOCZKA'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I wish I still had that level of imagination.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My flat files that have the artwork from all of my books.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My grandfather and we’d feed Stanley and Leroy the seagulls.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Whenever someone wronged me, my grandmother would say, “tell them to $h!t in their hat,” and my grandfather would say, “sometimes when you talk to a-holes, you get $h!t on.”
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? I wouldn’t tell my younger self anything because that younger self needed to not know that things were going to be okay.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Are you sure I could only have one sentence? Just read the books.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.