May 28, 2020
Does your life look different than you imagined it would?
In 2008, Katherine + Jay Wolf were newlyweds and parents to their six-month-old son when the unimaginable happened. Just 26 years old, Katherine suffered a massive brainstem stroke. After a rare, life-saving surgery, Katherine spent nearly two months in a coma-like state. With her faithful husband Jay by her side, Katherine had to relearn how to breathe, talk, eat... and eventually thrive.
While no one wants terrible pain or unbearable tragedy, this couple is a tremendous example of finding hope in the midst of the storm. Today, Katherine + Jay Wolf remind us that suffering isn’t the end of our story, but the beginning of a new story.
KATHERINE + JAY'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Katherine: Learning to Walk in the Dark by Barbara Brown Taylor.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Jay: Music + childhood rhythms.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? A phone or iPad that has our photos... Google Cloud!
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Jay: Mother Teresa.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Katherine: When I was relearning how to walk, my father-in-law would say, "You just have to win. Do whatever is necessary."
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Jay: Enjoy that flexibility while it lasts.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Katherine: Joyfully rebelling against how our world, our culture, views health and success; Jay: He gave his life and unstoppable goodwill towards people in need and people he loved.
My new book IN AWE is now available... and became an instant bestseller! Learn how to rediscover your childlike sense of wonder to unleash inspiration, meaning and joy. Visit ReadInAwe.com today!
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts.