Jan 24, 2019
Embracing your emotions at work is the key to being more fulfilled, genuine + professional.
Liz Fosslien, co-author + illustrator of the just-released book No Hard Feelings: The Secret Power of Embracing Emotions at Work, joins us to share how to recognize, understand + channel emotions to be the best versions of ourselves.
This light-hearted conversation will help you value and feel your emotions so you can live + work more inspired.
Tips to Embrace Your Emotions:
LIZ FOSSLIEN'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Staying a little weird. We morph into professionals or parents (+ feel like we have to set examples). It's important to love the life you're living.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? The book my partner made featuring photographs of our lives.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Haruki Murakami who wrote What I Talk About When I Talk About Running.
5. What is the best advice you've ever received? When I left the traditional corporate world, "One of the worst things we do is have the courage to step out and go on our own path but still judge ourselves on someone else's rubric. It's a beautiful thing to want something that originates from yourself."
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Just chill out! It's okay. You can be weird the right people will love you for it. Be smart. Be curious. Be kind.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? She helped me feel better.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe, rate & review on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. See you here next Thursday!