Dec 26, 2019
Today I’m excited to welcome someone who had a profound influence on me in my late twenties.
Patrick Lencioni is the New York Times bestselling author of 11 books, including The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, and has sold over 6 million copies around the world. He also launched The Table Group, which has pioneered the organizational health movement.
Pat is a polished author and speaker, but today we discuss topics he seldom shares: his childhood, his marriage, parenting. You’re going to hear some of the mistakes he’s made, the lessons he’s learned, and what it means for you.
You are going to leave today’s conversation with new insight and understanding of leadership, having courageous conversations, and life.
Pat + I chat about our mutual friend and past Live Inspired Podcast guest Matt Maher. Matt is an internationally acclaimed Christian singer and joined us to share about living a life of outwardly focused abundance. Listen to ep. 60 here.
PATRICK LENCIONI'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? I was more determined, but I like who I am today better than I was then.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Pictures of my family.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My wife. If it couldn't be my wife or kids, it'd be you and I'd call my wife and kids over.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? The purpose of marriage is to become holy, not happy.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Seek healing early in your life so you don't have to act on them.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He was imperfect but strove for humility and trusted Jesus.
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts.