May 11, 2017
"We need to stop judging each other and thinking we know, because you would never know my story unless I told you."
Laila Ali is a fitness & wellness guru, podcaster, author, undefeated 4-time boxing champion, has appeared on Dancing with the Stars and Chopped and is the daughter of Muhammad Ali.
Today she shares vulnerably the path to all that she has accomplished in her 39 years - and WOW is it a lot! Laila is one of the most focused, driven and loyal people I've met and you are going to love her story.
LAILA ALI'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Five Love Languages was so helpful in my marriage and relationships in general to realize people share love differently.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do? Invest into public school systems. I don't like how kids in certain areas don't get a good education.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My hard drive because it has all of my photos and important documents.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My father. By the time I had things to talk with him about, he had Parkinson's and couldn't really talk. I'd want to talk with him about parenting and what things in life he would have changed and done differently. I would want to hear from his mouth, was he proud of me? My dad always told people he was proud / liked to make people feel good. I would ask him if he was really proud of me.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. If you have good discernment and intuition and someone shows you something in a relationship, friendship, business relationship - and you see something is off... They are showing their character. Those little red flags are there. You gotta listen.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Take the time when you're traveling and fighting, take time to enjoy it and take it all in. Don't be so focused and uptight. I missed out on being young and enjoying life. I went to do my business and left. Now I have kids and can't travel as much.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Takes great pride in being loyal, authentic, hardworking and caring about others. Those are the things that are really important to me and it's important that others see these qualities too.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast anywhere you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.
Live Inspired with John everyday on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and get his Monday Motivation email: www.JohnOLearyInspires.com/Monday-Morning