Jul 6, 2017
"There's always good that can come from the bad."
Cohost of the nationally syndicated Bobby Bones Show and host of Love What Matters Podcast: Amy Brown is a ray of sunshine as she shares vulnerably with us about her life. From her father walking out on her family to her mother dying of cancer: Amy is a shining example of finding blessings in all of life's experiences.
AMY BROWN'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Interrupted and Seven both by Jen HatMaker. They changed my perspective on life in general. Sometimes as Christians we can get too legalistic on things and be too much about what we are against instead of what we are FOR. Her books helped me dig a little deeper and have my faith interrupted. If you feel like you are just going through the motions, read these books to get a way to love the world better.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do? Build a new orphanage in Haiti.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My computer.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Robin Roberts. I've always been inspired by her as a female in broadcasting and her journey with cancer and breaking barriers for black women. My kids are Haitian, they are black, so I want them to have role models like her.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Choose joy. From my mom. I've learned the difference between happiness and joy in the last few years and how to choose it. Be joyful but also live in and recgonize the hard times so you don't miss the opportunity to learn and grow from them.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? It's okay that he dumped you. Don't let yourself be defined by something else. Work on yourself. Don't worry about what everyone else wants or needs you to be.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Choose joy. Have hope.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.