Aug 17, 2017
"Take a breath and focus on what is important right now. Don't get too far ahead and miss what you need to do now."
This advice comes from Chris Norton. You've likely "met" him through the viral video of him walking across the stage at his graduation.
Why was this so meaningful?
Chris was paralyzed while playing NCAA football. Accomplishing this walk became his biggest goal. His walk, story and determination will give you amazing insight to live more inspired today.
CHRIS NORTON'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Four Hour Work Week, by Timothy Ferriss has really helped me with time management.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do with it? Invest it to grow it and give back and also grow his foundation and support the foster care system, Emily's passion.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My laptop, our photos and documents are on it.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Lebron James, I am a huge fan. I'd love to know his why, his determination, and passion. I want to know what drives him. I admire his success and what he's accomplished.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My dad taught me at a young age if you don't like where you are at, than do something about it. If you want the result, put in the work.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Be hopeful. be patient. I'm a better person because of this injury, when I was 20 I was restless and I wasn't sure that would happen.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He made a difference. I want to leave the world a better place than it was when I entered it.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.