Dec 21, 2017
"The first step is to believe you are this thing you want to be."
Jeff Goins is a blogger, writer, musician, teacher, husband, father, and pursuer of dreams. He was the Communications Director for Adventures in Missions, a nonprofit organization. Yet, his true passion and calling was that of a writer.
He grew up in a small rural farming community and enjoyed playing in his band and acting. Always trying to find a creative, artistic way to express himself.
He strongly believes we all have a creative gift worth sharing with the world. So, if you have a passion for creativity and changing the world, this is the podcast for you.
Today, Jeff joins us to talk about his faith, life, writing and what it means to pursue your dreams.
JEFF GOINS'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do with it? I would take some of it and pay off my house, then with the rest, I'd put it into a charitable endowment fund.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My laptop, no...this painting that my grandfather did of me. He's the one relative I'm most like.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? C.S. Lewis. I think he is one of the smartest thinkers to walk the planet.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Proverbs, chapter 23, verse 7: "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he", or "find a group of friends who are not impressed by who you are."
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Start Blogging and also go to counseling. If we can become aware of it, we can work on it.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? He lived a life worth writing about.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.