Aug 31, 2017
What are your qualities that people are most attracted to? What makes you intrinsically you?
Sally Hogshead, author of Fascinate: How to Make Your Brand Impossible to Resist, was in a car accident as a girl. The resulting damage to her face left her feeling that her "smile had turned into a grimace." As an extrovert who connected through her smile, this left her insecure and unsure how to connect with others.
Sally has come a long way in the 30 years since the accident, but it's still at the heart of the work she does: "Its a gift to get to share with other people what their best gifts are so that no one feels insecure."
Sally shares her expertise with major brands and teams like Nike, Ikea and Target. Today, she shares with us so we can identify our best qualities (and those of our business) so we can better connect with others and live inspired.
SALLY HOGSHEAD'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Jonathan Living Seagull, by Richard Bach. It made me feel that all things are possible
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do with it? I wouldn't quit working - it far transcends money for me.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? The printed marriage proposal from my husband framed in my bedroom.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? I like talking with you!
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? You don't have to change who you are, you just have to become more of who you are.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Floss more. Joy and passion and spontaneity are good, but so is thoughtfully planning for the future.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? The greatest difference that you can make is to become more of yourself.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.