Dec 16, 2021
Fr. Ray Kelly, affectionally known as the singing Irish priest
from Britain's Got Talent, became a worldwide
sensation. The video of him singing a touching rendition of
"Hallelujah" went viral with more than 80 million
With an astonishing ability to connect with others through his
remarkable singing, Fr. Ray joins us to share his fascinating
journey from parish priest to Britain's Got Talent
Today's episode is an early Christmas blessing that's sure to
- Moving from civil service, Fr. Ray became called to priesthood,
becoming an ordained priest at 36 years old.
- Understand the power of Christmas. Say "no" to
overconsumption + commercialism and "yes" to helping others.
- After recently losing his beloved dog Buddy, the song "I'll Be
Home for Christmas" takes on even more of emotional meaning.
- Watch Fr. Ray Kelly sing his rendition of "Hallelujah" for
newlyweds Chris and Leah here.
- Learn more about Fr. Ray Kelly here.
If you enjoyed today's episode, you'll love our
Musicians playlist. Hear lessons (and music!)
from legendary performers including Lauren Daigle and Walker Hayes.
the Musicians playlist now.
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed
as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people
are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one
item. What would it be?
A. The platinum disc of my debut album Where I
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous
beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with
anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. I'd want to have my sister back with me again.
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever
A. I've been inspired by my parents' hard work and their
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their
lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to
A. My heart is in my songs.