Aug 26, 2021
Headlines often leave us feeling overwhelmed and like we
can’t make a positive impact. Today's guest reminds
us that we can absolutely make a transformative
impact through love in action.
Tim Brand founded Many Hands for Haiti after a
life-changing mission trip to the small, tropical country. A decade
later, they've served 7.5 million meals, educated 1,200
children, constructed 990 safe homes... and so much
His strategy focuses on six key elements in order to bring about
- leadership development
- agronomy (soil management and crop production)
- safe homes
- medical assistance
- economic development
Don’t miss this conversation. It will inspire you to join
me in supporting this organization that is caring for our
neighbors after yet another devastating earthquake again this
- If you didn't grow up with a strong foundation, are you going
to be that for your family and those in your community?
- At 18 years old, Tim planned his first mission trip to Haiti
after being inspired by his dad. There he felt unconditional love,
grace and forgiveness and learned to let God guide him.
- Reverse Offering: With $100 offered by his
church in 2004, Tim raised $15,000 to build a school in Haiti.
- After an infliction point, Tim quit his corporate job, made
numerous sacrifices and wrote a $10,000 check to build a school,
freeing him of his chains of processions.
- Whatever talents you have, you are called to multiply
- Sometimes you have to let go to receive.
- "Transform together through love and action."
- "We hold that dream until they can hold that dream for
- Love in Action: Jerry + his grandmother are
proof that by strengthening familial + community bonds, long-term
sustainable change is happening.
- To learn more about Many Hands for Haiti and offer your
support, click here.
TIM BRAND'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
- What is the best book you’ve ever read?
Outside the Bible, Team of Rivals by Doris
- What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as
a child that you wish you still exhibited today? A
- Your house is on fire, all living things and people are
out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What
would it be? My Bible.
- You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous
beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with
anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Paul the
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
Never burn a relationship.
- What advice would you give your 20-year-old
self? You don't always have to experience something to
learn. Forgive yourself.
- It’s been said that all great people can have their
lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to
read? Fully surrendered to dream God dreams to serve the