Sep 16, 2021
Ever feel over-scheduled, over-committed and over-tired in
today's world? That we do so much, yet somehow, feel we're not
Christy Wright, bestselling author of Take Back Your
Time and host of The Christy Wright Show, is an expert in
cultivating balance, ditching distractions and prioritizing what
If you or someone you know is seeking a guilt-free tool to cut
out what doesn't matter, prioritize the things that do and take
back your time and your life, this episode is for you.
- "Making it" because of struggle: Growing up,
how Christy's mom launched a small bakery business was pivotal in
teaching character, integrity, persistence and work ethic her
- Before becoming a speaker full-time with Ramsey, Christy said
"yes" before knowing how and stepped in for Rachel Cruz while she
was a project manager.
- "Some of the most incredible career opportunities are not
positions that are posted but problems that are solved." - Sheryl
- "If you wait until you have success to commit, you'll have
neither. You have to commit before you have success." - Seth
- What if "balance" isn't so much what you do but
something you create + become in your life? Life balance
is not doing everything for an equal amount of time. It's about
doing the right things at the right times.
- Start doing what matters, stop doing what doesn't
matter in today's season.
- "If we are not careful we will spend our entire lives checking
boxes and never stopping to ask ourselves if those boxes represent
anything actually worth doing."
- Create an ideal schedule. Take your current
calendar and a blank calendar:
- Move over the things you have to do.
- Move over the things you want to do.
- Add whatever is missing.
- "We judge others by everything they do and we judge ourselves
by everything we don't do."
- Listen to past Live Inspired Podcast guests + fellow Ramsey
personalities Dave Ramsey, Rachel Cruz and Anthony ONeal.
- Get a copy of Christy Wright's Take Back Your Time
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry by
John Mark Comer.
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed
as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people
are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What
would it be?
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous
beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with
anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. Maya Angelou
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever
A. People will forget what you said, people will forget what you
did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old
A. You're going to get married. Stop freaking out.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their
lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to
A. 1 Thessalonians 5:24 The one who calls you is faithful and he
will do it.