Jun 15, 2017
"The most important thing you'll do for your relationships is what you do for yourself."
Our guest today is a co-creator of eHarmony, psychologist, professor, author, husband and father, Les Parrott. When I shared a stage with Les at the Dave Ramsey SMART Conference, I was blown away by his wisdom.
He's shared his expertise with Oprah, Barbara Walters and Tom Brokaw... and today he will share it with us. My friends, are you ready to improve your relationships with these amazing insights on sustaining life-long love? Here we go!
LES PARROTT'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Either Emotional Intelligence, by Daniel Goleman or Learned Optimism by Martin Seligman.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do? I'd establish, on college campuses, centers for healthy relationships to give education to a whole new generation. We'd see divorce rate drop dramatically - and when you lower the divorce rate, it positively impacts rates of education, wealth, etc.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My laptop.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My wife Leslie, she loves the beach. I love that she loves the beach and we've had some of our greatest talks there.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Master the capacity to adjust to things beyond your control. Life is unfair.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Relax. Slow down a bit. It's going to be okay.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? A man who loved his family with all his heart.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast anywhere you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.
Live Inspired with John everyday on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest and get his Monday Motivation email: www.JohnOLearyInspires.com/Monday-Morning