Apr 15, 2021
Don't give up. You are
worthy of love. Your mistakes don't define you.
These simple phrases launched a global
movement. Overwhelmed by the staggering suicide rates in
her small Oregon town, Amy Wolff was determined
to support those struggling.
With her husband and two young daughters, Amy
anonymously staked 20 yard signs with encouraging phrases
across their community, never anticipating it would
ignite a powerful + life-saving movement of hope, love and
Today, these phrases are displayed on yard signs,
wristbands, stickers and cards across the United States and
over 26 countries.
After a year of
uncertainty, struggle and unrest for so many,
today's conversation will inspire you to be generous with
love... for yourself and others.
- "Your brother saved you and I couldn't save mine." As a
teenager, Amy watched helplessly as her older brother Jeremy
drowned teaching her purpose, perspective, fragility of life and
- Walk with others in their suffering by showing up,
staying tender and offering pain as empathy.
- Instead of building a fence around his grief, Amy's dad chose
to build a bridge to others suffering by gifting a handmade
waterproof wooden box for their loved ones to hold letters.
- "We exist to give others tangible ways to show up, do something
that will provide hope and stir courage for those hurting."
- Amy and John share stories of how an unexpected encounter with
a sign triggered a chain of hope.
- Moments of sovereignty: facilitating moments
where others see hope and take it for themselves.
- Learn more about Signs of Hope at dontgiveupsigns.com.
- Get a copy of Amy Wolff's book Signs of Hope
AMY WOLFF'S LIVE INSPIRED
- Q. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
A. New Seeds of Contemplation by Thomas
Merton. "What you think of God is more a reflection of who you are
than who he is."
- Q. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed
as a child that you wish you still exhibited today?
- Q. Your house is on fire, all living things and people
are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What
would it be?
A. Jeremy carved a heart and my name into a slab of
- Q. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous
beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with
anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
A. My brother Jeremy but equally, as a person of faith, God to ask
him, "are we doing this right?"
- Q. What is the best advice you’ve ever
A. After feeling compelled to get outside of my echo chamber and
get with people who are different, God told me, "I need you to hate
your sin more than anyone else's."
- Q. What advice would you give your 20-year-old
A. You're doing it. Keep doing it.
- Q. It’s been said that all great people can have their
lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to
A. She loved people really well.
Join our Live Inspired Together community, text
PODCAST2021 to 314-207-5010.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies
wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the
results will follow. They set themselves apart with a
forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and
fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud
sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast.
Learn more about Keeley