Jul 16, 2020
“We have tremendous opportunity ahead to heal.”
At seventeen years old, Brian Walsh found himself clinging to life after being caught in a burning building as a volunteer firefighter.
Managing excruciating physical and mental pain for decades, today Brian is leading an inspired life as a financial planner, philanthropist, father and friend.
In our conversation, Brian shares the quote above + what it means for all of us in this season of unyielding unrest. His hard-won resilience + tenacity will shift your perspective and help you see how you, too, can overcome the obstacles in your life today.
BRIAN WALSH'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Exuberance.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? An ashtray from my grandfather.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Abraham Lincoln and ask where he got the strength in so many different situations.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My dad: Never lose your sense of humor.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Be a foxhole friend.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? A man who loved, generous in spirit, generous indeed and love his family very much.
My new book IN AWE is now available... and became an instant bestseller! Learn how to rediscover your childlike sense of wonder to unleash inspiration, meaning and joy. Visit ReadInAwe.com today!
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts.