Dec 8, 2016
Today's guest is a comedian, author, speaker, huge over-comer and a new, dear friend of mine.
She has been through more challenges and misadventures than most, but exemplifies more grace, forgiveness, courage and perseverance than anyone I have ever met.
You've likely never heard of her but after our time together, I am certain you will never forget her! Kathy Buckley will share her story in such a way that you will be ready to live more inspired than ever before!
My favorite takeaways from our time together:
These truths were also shared in her book, If You Could See What I Hear. I loved this book and absolutely devoured it.
The LIVE INSPIRED 7 segment is a series of 7 questions, shared "rapid fire" and answered boldly (without prep!) by our guests. My hope is to leave you reflecting on our guest's answers and YOUR answers... and excited to apply ideas from today's show to help you live an inspired life.
Kathy Buckley's Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you ever read?
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do?
I don't need much. My needs are covered and my wants are few, so to me money is to provide for others. I volunteer with deaf and hard-of-hearing children through a theater program. I would expand this program to help give a better understanding to more communities.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
Everybody is out of my house? An item. I'm not attached to anything! I guess my insurance paperwork.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
Jesus. I would ask him how could he was so committed. How could he have had that faith. Faith is a powerful thing to bless yourself with and I just have such admiration for him. He was there for those who were less fortunate.
5. What is the best advice you've ever received?
My uncle: fear knocked upon my door, faith answered it and no one was there.
Which means fear and anxiety are human created, but when you have faith: you can trust and believe that all good things are there for you to receive.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20?
I'm sorry I didn't love you like I should have loved you. I probably would just put my arms around her and let her know she was loved.
7. It's been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
Kathy loved unconditionally, anyone who crossed her path.
If you enjoyed today's episode, subscribe, rate and review this podcast on iTunes and anywhere you get your podcasts! You'll be the first to know when a new episode is available AND you will help me spread the word about our LIVE INSPIRED Movement.
I can't wait to see you here next Thursday! Until then, remember: Today is your day. Live Inspired.