Jun 18, 2020
The career of Kurt Warner, Super Bowl and 2-time NFL MVPs, reads
like a rags-to-riches fairytale. Yet his story off the field I've
admired even more. Kurt's dignity and class are undeniable and his
example of living faith boldly has changed my own faith walk.
Today, Kurt shares a behind-the-scenes look on the unlikely path
to his countless accolades. His heartfelt words about his family
and faith will absolutely take center stage. If you could use a
dose of character, hope and humility, this episode is for you.
- Practice shapes us.
- In the NFL, you get 16 opportunities to be under the lights. So
that means that 99% if your life is practice. 99% of the impression
you leave on people comes from practice... to show people what they
are going to get if they show up, you have to show them in
- Apply this in parenting, work, life - it's all about practice.
It's what shapes you and allows you to lead when you need to get on
a soapbox or under the lights as a parent of an athlete.
- Sometimes you have to go through a preparation period to get
you ready for what God is calling you to do.
- Keep yourself open: Although Kurt never expected to fall in
love with Brenda, her faith, substance + character intrigued
- Kurt shares the most impactful moment between him + Brenda's
son Zack, breaking barriers in their relationship.
- We're never going to let our circumstances define
- As Kurt was dealing with being cut from the NFL for the first
time, Brenda was reeling from the unexpected death of her parents.
It was Brenda's faith + how she handled her disappointments that
shifted his perspective on life.
- Seeing Brenda go through her life struggles + reading the
stories of overcoming in the Bible helped give him hope that
current circumstances don't define future potential.
- "As I was sitting on the bench for four years in college I
asked God, 'Why me?'. Now, I ask God, 'Why me? Why do I get to be
the one that has a story like nobody else?'"
- "Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do while you're
waiting to do what you were born to do."
- Kurt's bio-pic American Underdog: The Kurt Warner
Story will be released in December 2021.
KURT WARNER'S LIVE INSPIRED
- What is the best book you’ve ever
read? The Bible and I Am Second by Gale
- What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as
a child that you wish you still exhibited today? The
idea of innocence.
- Your house is on fire, all living things and people are
out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one
item. What would it be? If I have my wife +
children, I have everything I need.
- You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous
beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with
anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Jesus or one
of his disciples.
- What is the best advice you’ve ever
received? Never let your circumstances define
- What advice would you give your 20-year-old
self? This moment is not the end game. Try to become
better in it and know there is something on the other side.
- It’s been said that all great people can have their
lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to
read? My greatest legacy is the way I loved my wife,
kids, teammates and those around me.
My new book IN AWE is now available... and
became an instant bestseller! Learn how to rediscover your
childlike sense of wonder to unleash inspiration, meaning and joy.
Visit ReadInAwe.com today!
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it
with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple
Live Inspired with John daily on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram +
get his Monday Motivation email.