Apr 20, 2017
"Enough was never enough."
Christine Hassler was an over achiever. Each time she'd reach a milestone - she'd hurry off to the next big goal... never taking time to pause, recoup or celebrate. Early in her career, she was a high level producer in Hollywood... and completely unhappy.
Today, she realizes that she was keeping busy and "achieving" in order to not have to truly feel her feelings. To get this sense of clarity, Christine had to have a mighty fall... Embrace the lessons from that fall and then build her new, fulfilling life.
You are going to love the concrete insights and how-to's from Christine Hassler, bestselling author, podcaster, life coach and counselor.
CHRISTINE HASSLER'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl: "Between stimulus and response is our choice & that choice is our freedom."
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do? Create a think tank to innovate through some of our major issues - education, poverty, etc.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? The panda bear my Dad gave me the day I was born. It so reminds me of him, unconditional love and that innocence. it's still part of me, part of all of us.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Jesus. And the first question I'd ask: "What's the truth?"
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? After my divorce a friend told me: "Don't be a victim or just rush through it. Be in the mess and explore.Dig deep."
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Don't be so hard on yourself, we think we need to be hard on ourselves to get what we want and keep up with the Jones's. We think if we beat ourselves up first, it won't hurt as bad when someone else tries to.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? I am so grateful.
Live Inspired – IN STUDIO: For the first time ever, John is launching IN STUDIO – a LIVE, virtual monthly experience. Registration opens in April for a limited time. Learn more: www.JohnOLearyInspires.com/In-Studio
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast anywhere you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.