Nov 17, 2016
No matter what you are going through, you will get through it.
I met today’s guest, German-born, bestselling author, journalist and teacher of resilience Michaela Haas, earlier this year when she interviewed me for her column in the “New York Times of Germany.”
Michaela wanted to share about my book ON FIRE because in her writing and research, she focuses on the topic of Post Traumatic Growth. I was so enamored with this topic that I immediately got a copy of her book Bouncing Forward and invited her to be on this podcast!
Through the pages of her book and my time interviewing her, I met some of my new, favorite heroes; each of whom are amazing examples of Living Inspired.
Michaela will give you so much to think about today! Most importantly:
The LIVE INSPIRED 7 segment is a series of 7 questions, shared "rapid fire" and answered boldly (without prep!) by our guests. My hope is to leave you reflecting on our guest's answers and YOUR answers... and excited to apply ideas from today's show to help you live an inspired life.
Michaela Haas' Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you ever read?
Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do?
First, I would mourn him. Second, I am a rescuer so I would donate most of the money to good causes that rescue people (suicide prevention, trauma prevention) and some to rescue animals.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
My sister-in-law lost her 3-year-old daughter. We have a recording of her voice that says "you're my best friend" it's in a little cube with her picture. I would definitely grab that cube.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
Buddha. I am a Buddhist and no one really knows what his true words were because no one wrote them down during his lifetime. So to have an opportunity to actually speak with him, that would be wonderful!
5. What is the best advice you've ever received?
Let go. Easily said though very hard to do. But when I hold onto injustice or loss - I repeat this to myself because there is really no other choice anyway.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20?
Appreciate life. I had so many worries then - but I had it all! I was healthy. Following my dreams and pursuing my career and travelling the world. I wish that instead of having my mind full of worry, that I would have been more grateful and present.
7. It's been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
Love. Light. She made a difference.
If you enjoyed today's episode, subscribe, rate and review this podcast on iTunes and anywhere you get your podcasts! You'll be the first to know when a new episode is available AND you will help me spread the word about our LIVE INSPIRED Movement.
I can't wait to see you here next Thursday! Until then, remember: Today is your day. Live Inspired.