Oct 15, 2020
After the sudden death of her 12-year-old son Jack, Anna Whiston-Donaldson felt lonely, heavy with guilt and uncertain if she could ever be happy again.
Anna began to courageously share her family’s tragedy + the
puzzling, unclear territory of grief in hopes of helping
others, first through her blog and then her New
York Times bestselling book Rare
Bird and children’s book A Hug From
Heaven. Writing has
helped Anna find comfort + strength.
Today, Anna shares how to find hope within impossible circumstances, positive ways to cope with grief and support others navigating darkness. If you’re grieving a loss, or love someone who is, this conversation is for you.
ANNA WHISTON-DONALDSON'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Open to possibilities.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? Nothing.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? My mom so I could acknowledge her as a wife + mom.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My mom told me, "Don't be afriad to leave anyone at the alter," because she's know's I'm a people-pleaser.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Be more playful and don't take life so seriously. Relax.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? She loved + she didn't give up.
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
Pre-order your copy of IN AWE today to receive access to fun, interactive bonus features emailed to you in the lead-up to the book’s release! Visit ReadInAwe.com.
Did you enjoy today's episode? Share it with your friends! Then subscribe, rate + review on Apple Podcasts.