"If you're patient, you'll move past obstacles."
Today I am honored to share with you a man who has profoundly inspired me.
Koran Bolden is a speaker, author + voice in urban education and arts. He committed to breaking the cycle of growing up in a fatherless home. He overcame the grief of losing his brother to gun violence. His smile can be felt in every word he speaks... and he is about to give you an amazing analogy so you can pivot into your most inspired life. My friends, Koran Bolden:
KORAN BOLDEN'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? The Bible, it has transformed my life in every way. Think and Grow Rich, Napolean Hill.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do? Take care of my immediate family. Start my own school with an emphasis on life choices and financial literacy.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My high school diploma. Even if you quit, as long as you still have breath in your life, you still have an opportunity to go back and fix things.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Barrack Obama.
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? Be patient. It's hard in the microwave generation but the tortoise and the hare is still true.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20? Dream big and walk along side people who dream big right along with you.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? Resilient, radiant, relevant.
If you enjoyed today’s episode: Subscribe (automatically get new episodes), rate & review (help spread the word!) this podcast anywhere you get your podcasts.
I can’t wait to see you here next Thursday! Today is your day. Live Inspired.