"Discipline becomes dormant in the absence of a dream. So dream big."
This quote is from today’s guest, Rory Vaden.
Rory is an expert and a coach on self-discipline. He’s written books about it, built his business around it but most amazingly – has built a life inspired by it.
Today he is a bestselling author, soon to be father, one-time impoverished young man who began making his financial way as a college student during his summers learning how to do what he has coined as “take the stairs.”
This episode will inspire you to set goals, dream big and hold yourself accountable. You'll have actionable takeaways to begin living your life more inspired today than ever before. Don't miss it!
Here are a few key takeaways:
The LIVE INSPIRED 7 segment is a series of 7 questions, shared “rapid fire” and answered boldly (without prep!) by our guests. My hope is to leave you reflecting on our guest’s answers and YOUR answers… and excited to apply ideas from today’s show to help you live an inspired life.
Rory Vaden's Live Inspired 7
1. What is the best book you ever read?
How to Win Friends and Influence People, by Dale Carnegie. My main takeaway was have empathy for others and be selfless in your communication.
2. Tomorrow you discover your wealthy uncle shockingly dies at the age of 103; leaving you millions. What would you do?
I would use it to start charities and invest in businesses that generate outcomes. I'm always looking to multiply by spending time and money on things today that will produce results tomorrow.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be?
I don't think there's anything. I wouldn't go back in.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be?
Martin Luther King, Jr. I would love to ask. What was it like? How did you do it - so elegantly transform hatred?
5. What is the best advice you've ever received?
It's hard to be nervous when your heart's on service.
6. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself at age 20?
Stay the course. You always get paid for how hard you work! All the work you don't feel paid for or respected for right now - it will pay off. Stay the course.
7. It's been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read?
The guy who helped people take the stairs and believed that the right way was a different way and it paid off, and they could do it.
If you enjoyed today's episode, subscribe, rate and review this podcast on iTunes and anywhere you get your podcasts! You'll be the first to know when a new episode is available AND you will help grow our LIVE INSPIRED Movement.
I can't wait to see you here next Thursday! Until then, remember: Today is your day. Live Inspired.